Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Why I take IB Psychology...


The reasons I take IB Psychology are firstly, I have great interest of why people behave in certain way. Most of the time when I watch movies or read novels I often become curious and together surprise of the characters' behavior and their consequences. I've observed that different people has different ways of dealing with certain problems, so I wanted to study the diversity of people.


My ideal and future career is something that combines art and psychology (i.e. advertisements, graphic designs, creative, if not a psychologist or counserlor is also a good choice.) By taking psychology it would help me develop my art works too, and vice versa. Ms.Aloha (my 8th grade English teacher, and TCNJ Coordinator) once told me that "...in the future art and designing is not only about how our work is presented, but it's about the audience themselves and how they absorb our piece of art..."
It's great if I know who my audience or clients is and in what ways is best to be able to present my ideas to reach them. If I really acheive my goal in working in one of my ideal careers, by getting to talk to different people, listen to various conflicts, share experiences, and exchange thoughts, it will help me reflect myself. I can use those informations to help others as well as reflecting with myself.


My aunt, who just graduated her master on social science...assure me that in the future they'll be giving out liscensce to people studying in this field. If we really do have a liscense it's a great benefit for taking this course. We can give advice to clients (just like doctors, except the fact of we won't be giving out pills.)

I believe that almost everything has to do with human,and mostly is based on psychology, I wanted to do a deeper study of human mind, emotion, behavior etc., so there's no reason why not to take IB Psychology.

2 Comments:

Blogger Peter Anthony @ SAS said...

Mint
People certainly are curious beings and psychology can help you understand them. Combining art and psychology is great idea. Hope you enjoy then course.

8:50 PM

 
Blogger Paras said...

well it seems that u are really interested and looking foward to this course. i think taking this sunject will really help u in the future to help u become what u want to and i think its very unique. this will surley be a very intresting class and all u can do is enjoy it and do ur best... good luck

11:37 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home